COMFORT™ 13 COASTAL Heat Pump
Designed for Long-Lasting Performance in Harsh Coastal Climates
The Comfort series of heat pumps are designed to be reliable, efficient and affordable. This model adds Weather Shield™ protection for superior sea coast corrosion resistance.
- WeatherShield™ protection featuring ArmorPlate™ coil coating, 100% paint coverage and WeatherArmor™ protection for superior seacoast-corrosion resistance
- Up to 15.2 SEER cooling efficiency
- Up to 9 HSPF heating efficiency
- Sound: as low as 73 decibels
- Filter drier system protection from moisture and contaminants
- Non-ozone depleting Puron® refrigerant
- 10-year parts limited warranty
- 5-year coastal corrosion parts limited warranty
If you live within 10 miles of the seacoast, chances are you know how harsh salt air can be on an outdoor unit. It can shorten the life of most air conditioners. This tough Comfort series model is designed to withstand the rigors of your environment and is backed by one of the best seacoast warranties you'll find for a heat pump.
Because heat pumps provide both heating and cooling, their efficiency is measured with two distinct ratings. Both are like gas mileage for a car, the higher the number, the more efficiently the system works. For every $100 spent to cool your home using a 10.0 SEER heat pump, a 15.0 SEER heat pump should cost you approximately $67.
- Up to 15.2 SEER - While in the cooling mode, heat pumps receive a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER number. Most new heat pumps rate between 13.0 and 19.0 SEER.
Up to 9 HSPF - While in the heating mode, heat pumps receive a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor or HSPF rating. Most new units have ratings between 7.7 and 9.0 HSPF.
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® qualifications
Puron refrigerant is environmentally sound and won't deplete the ozone layer.
Carrier introduced Puron refrigerant a full six years ahead of the competition, paving the way for the future.
The Clean Air Act of 1990 prohibits the production of CFC-based heat pumps and heat pumps by 2010, and bans Freon-22* production by 2020. As Freon production reduces, its cost is predicted to increase. Freon-12 in the automotive industry increased by a whopping 800% seven years following its phase-out! Ensure your future cooling costs by investing in systems with Puron refrigerant.
Good cold weather performance
Hybrid Heat® system compatible when paired with select thermostats
Sound: as low as 73 decibels
Single-stage scroll compressor
System protecting high pressure and loss of charge switches
Carrier's "Coastal" heat pump is protected by a ten-year factory limited parts warranty on the entire unit. Ask your Outer Banks Heating & Cooling representative for more details.